It is nice for us to take a break from our daily lives and go out of town. There are many ways that one could enjoy when out of town, but in this article, we are going to focus on fishing. While fishing, one could opt to go out to the sea, or travel out to some remote place with a lake or river and pitch tent there to fish. While at the campsite, one will obviously need some form of lighting, and the cheapest and most convenient of them all is solar lighting. We are going to look at some of the things to look for when choosing a lantern.
The first question that you should ask yourself is, what sort of lamp would you like to use. Below are a number of light options:
- Flashlights – they give you the opportunity to offer directional light. They are the ones that most people are familiar with and they vary in features. Some are even brighter than headlamps. They are convenient, easy to use and mostly very affordable.
- Headlamps – this are head mounted lamps. These are great for an individual and tend to blind the person that you’re talking to. They can put out a good amount of light without weighing, and they are very ergonomic.
- Lanterns – Lanterns are great for hands-free illumination of a surrounding area, providing 360° of flood lighting. While some lanterns have features to throw light, the ability is usually not as great as with flashlights or headlamps. Lanterns come in multiple sizes, with larger units working best for car camping and smaller units for backpacking. Lanterns are also unique in that there are solar, gas and electric models.
When shopping for these lights, there are a number of things that one should look at as mentioned below:
The output of light is measured in lumens, whereby the higher the lumens the brighter the light. The brighter ones consume more energy. You have the choice to choose the one that you want.
Size and Weight
Although this doesn’t always apply, size and weight are generally proportional to a lantern’s light output. Smaller lamps are excellent for backpacking since they are light with low output that is sufficient for a trailside meal or reading by the lake as you wait for your catch.
Burn Time and Run Time
These are terms that will give an expectation of how long your lamp will provide light based on a set amount of fuel or the use of the batteries. Remember that is just an estimation and these times can and do vary. It is recommended to charge more batteries while the sun is out.
There are very few lights that are full-immersion waterproof but many offer water and splash resistance. These standards are referred to as the International Protection Marking and will provide you with insight as to what your lantern can withstand.
There are many more features that we can look at when choosing a lamp, but since we are also talking about fishing, we are going to review the Plussino Telescopic Fishing Rod and Reel Combo.
The Plussino Telescopic Fishing Rod and Reel Combo
Fishing is an excellent sport for the whole family, where they can bond next to a lake or a mountain stream. The air is fresh, and you’re surrounded by blue sky and the peaceful sound of the water and rustling of the wind in the trees. You can enjoy fishing while looking forward to a dinner of freshly grilled fish.
The Plussino Telescopic Fishing Rod and Reel Combo makes an excellent gift for your partner, child, parent or yourself. This is the perfect starter kit and it is fairly priced. It includes lines, lures, hooks and reels to immediately get you going.
- Fishing kit includes 1 fishing rod + 1 fishing reel + various fishing lures + fishing hooks + fishing line + fishing bag case + some necessary accessories
- Full kit is special made for novice, including necessary accessories for fishing. You can use it without buying any other accessories from anywhere. Perfect elasticity, high density carbon fiber mixed with fiberglass make your fishing pole hard and durable.
- Perfect elasticity, high density carbon fiber mixed with fiberglass make your fishing pole hard and durable. Stainless steel hooded reel seats is anti-seawater corrosion. EVA fore grip for comfort. The telescopic fishing rod is portable, and closed length design is convenient carrying around.
- Instant anti-reverse, power drive gear equipped for high strength. Deep aluminum spool with double color and one line holes. More short body with large spool and large line capacity. Line capacity: mm/M 0.20/240 0.25/200 0.30/140. Model: EW3000; Gear ratio: 5.2:1.
- Valentines gift for boyfriend and excellent gift for boys
- The fishing rod is made of a light but strong material, enabling it to catch large fish as well as handle wear and tear of the fishing expeditions.
- This is a telescopic rod dismantled for convenient carrying and storage
- It comes in varying lengths which you can choose from. The smaller one’s work for young children, and the larger ones for adults
- It has an anti-reverse feature
- The short body is easier for beginner fisherman to control
- The handle works for both right-handed or left-handed people
- The tackle kit includes very good lures and hooks. Even serious fishermen were surprised by the quality of what was included: heavy duty worm hooks, bass jig heads, two powerful lures, brass weights for making a Carolina rig, and high quality swivels.
- The fishing rod holder is not included in the kit, so you will have to buy it as an additional fishing accessory
- While it’s an excellent starter kit, the Plussino Telescopic Fishing Rod and Reel Combo may not have the more powerful accessories and features that a serious fisherman would look for.
This is an affordable and versatile starter kit for beginners, recreation or family bonding activity. It provides good value for money and is made of strong materials. The accessories will enable you to start fishing right away, and in different kinds of fishing environments.