Herb gardens are great for improving your general home health and for saving you a heap of money on spices. Plus meals prepared with fresh herbs are absolutely glorious and gorgeous! The only problem with growing an herb garden is that herbs need sunlight and thus should be grown outdoors. And of course you usually either forget to wet your herb garden or you forget you even have an herb garden whenever you are preparing food. Luckily technology has once again revolutionized the way we live and operate and is now enabling you to grow your herb garden inside your kitchen with the help of LED grow lights. Now how amazing is that? A beautiful and useful herb garden in the kitchen just sounds great!
Yes, these lights can function on solar energy
The best news is probably the fact that these lights can function on a solar system because the LED lights don’t use much energy at all. There are plenty of 300W grow lights that should be able to function just fine on your solar system without causing you any distress at all.
How the LED grow lights work
Firstly the LED grow light projects lighting that plants can use for photosynthesis which is vital for healthy growth. Secondly many of these LED growth lights also has built in fans that helps you cool the plant without scorching any of your leaves. Most LED growth lights are manually operated so you can monitor your lighting according to your plants growth and lighting needs which is great since smaller plants are much more fragile. To fully understand every element of these lights you can check out the review site; Lumi Growth. This review site features all of the pros and cons of these indoor growing lights and will give you a much better idea on the best lamps to get for your home.
Best herbs to grow in your kitchen
When you are choosing your herbs for growing, choose according to usefulness and overall visual appeal because you want your kitchen to look and smell great and you want to get as much functionality from the herb garden as possible. Here are some of the top herbs that will help you prepare much better foods;
- Basil is great for soups and stews because it has a nice and spicy flavor
- Chives has a mild onion flavor and is also great for soups and stews but also work great in salads
- Coriander seeds can be used to season meats such as pork and beef
- Dill has a sharp and almost bitter taste but works well for seasoning fish
- Fennel has a sweetish taste and works great in sauces
- Mint is great for preparing certain desserts and for brewing teas plus this herb smells great in the kitchen
- Parsley works great in stews, salads and omelets and gives a fresher overall look to your foods
- Sage is mostly used in poultry stuffing or on chicken dishes
- Tarragon has a anice flavor and works great in soups
Thyme also works great as a meat seasoning