Solar energy is the way to go nowadays for most homes and offices. In this case, the energy totally relies on the sun, making it the most effective green energy. It doesn’t have any greenhouse emissions that pollute the environment and cause harm in the long run. In this article, we will be looking at some of the reasons to install a solar water heater in your home or office.
Fighting climate change
Like we mentioned above, solar energy is the perfect way to fight climate change, since unlike other forms of heating water like natural gas or other fossil fuels, solar heating doesn’t release carbon and other greenhouse emissions.
Protecting air quality
People that use electricity to heat water actually support pollution because more than a third of the electricity in the United States is generated by burning coal. This spoils the quality of the air and can cause health problems.
Protecting water quality
Being that solar doesn’t produce carbon, mercury, and other toxic metals, that are produced when burning fossil fuel is used. These products are a threat to the environment and the water quality.
Solar water heating brings down power costs, meaning that you get to save money every month. This is so because up to 80% of the hot water needs in the home can be met by a solar water heater system.
Increased home value
Installing a solar water heater increases the overall value of the home, making it a good investment that can pay back.
The Best Bodyboards
Still on the subject of keeping the environment, we are now going to take a look at bodyboarding. This is a non-motorized sport that uses energy and has zero gas emissions. We are going to review some of the best bodyboards that can be found in the market.
Winner – Morey 44” Big Kahuna Bodyboard
This is the perfect bodyboard for big and tall, being 44 inches in size, and can carry a weight of up to 200 pounds. Below are some of the features:
- 44-inch size allows for big and tall users
- Features a PE dow core for improved durability
- IXL deck is 4mm thick
- The board weighs 8 pounds in total
- Features channels on the underside which are graduated
- Crescent tail helps reduce wake resistance
- 180 to 200 lbs weight limit
Runner Up – Wave Weapon Bodyboard Beach Attack Pack
This is the perfect package for beginners and even comes with a high-quality Own the Wave leash. It has an intuitive design, and it is affordable. Below are some of the features of this board:
- Available in 33”, 37”, and 41” sizes for maximum versatility
- Comes in green, blue, and pink colors
- Comes included with fin anchors
- Includes an Own the Wave leash for your board
- Features a PP slick on the outer layer
- EPS Core improves the control and lowers the density of this board
- 12-month warranty
- If you are not satisfied, you can get your money back
Alternative – BPS Storm Bodyboard
This is the perfect bodyboard for people that love speed, coming with a sleek bottom. Below are the features of the bodyboard:
- Available in all three typical sizes: 33 inches, 37 inches, and 41 inches
- Color options: blue and purple, green and white, green and purple
- Included leash is a coiled BPS model for convenience
- Slick bottom helps keep this board faster than the competition
- Features channels on the underside to aid in water flow
- The crescent tail improves the quality of the wake
- Constructed with an EPS core, as with most other quality boards
Alternative – California Board Company 44-inch MMAG Bodyboard
This board comes with a contoured deck that allows for better grip, and channels along the underside that add to the speed.
- The deck is contoured for easier grip in tough waves
- Arm wells and thumb bulbs help improve your hold on this model
- EPS core ensures that this board stays buoyant throughout use
- Slick bottom coupled with water channels improve this board’s speed
- Includes a coil wrist leash that doesn’t get in your way
- Crescent tail design helps reduce the wake while providing a place to put your body
Alternative – Lucky Bums Bodyboard
This is the perfect board for serious bodyboarders and is available in a number of styles. Some of the features include:
- Comes in all three standard sizes: 33 inches, 37 inches, and 41 inches
- Available in four colors: red, green, blue, and pink
- EPS core coupled with high-density polyethylene construction ensures buoyancy
- Slick bottom helps improve the performance of this bodyboard
- Includes a leash that is for both children and adults
- Comes included with a money-back guarantee
- Weight limits range from 65 lbs for the 33-inch model to 190 lbs for the 41-inch model
It is important to take care of our environment by using solar energy as well as ensuring that things that we do, like sporting activities, are eco-friendly. Bodyboarding is one of those sports and the best bodyboards have been reviewed above.