Solar energy is one of the most efficient energy supply methods, coming with numerous advantages as compared to fuel or electricity. It relies solely on the rays from the sun, making it green energy that is good for the environment. There is also the fact that the sun is completely free of charge whenever it is out, meaning that once the solar system is installed, there won’t be any other hidden costs, except maybe maintaining the equipment every once in a while. In this article, we are going to discuss the benefits of solar energy. We live in a world where money seems to be getting scarcer every single day due to the obligations that we have, and the inflation that is rife everywhere, and we are therefore looking to save wherever and whenever we can. That is what brings us to our first point.
Solar Helps You Save on Your Electric Bill
This is the biggest advantage that solar has over other energy sources, it saves a lot on electricity bills, no matter how small the installation is. The amount of electricity saved will depend on the following points:
- Solar energy is a modular technology, meaning that the more panels that you install, the more electricity you save, and the fewer panels that you install, the less electricity you save. It is all up to you.
- However large your installation, over time, the electric bills will continue becoming less since the clean energy from the sun remains consistently free. Solar is an investment that pays increasingly large dividends as time progresses.
Solar Energy and Income Generation
If you would like to earn a passive income, you might want to install solar, depending on where you live. There are states like New Jersey and California that offer generous renewable energy incentives aimed at encouraging solar photovoltaic (PV) adoption. In the event that you qualify for such incentives, the local energy company pays you for the clean energy that your solar panels produce.
Solar Energy and Higher Property Values
Being that solar will help to keep the electricity bills low over the 25+ year lifetime of the installation, chances are that there will be a higher asking price for the property when you decide to sell it.
Solar Energy and the Environment
It provides the perfect solution to fossil fuels, coming with the following benefits:
- Better health due to cleaner air, water, and soil
- Greater energy security due to reductions in imported fuel
- Stronger economic growth through the creation of green jobs
- Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, the main cause of catastrophic climate change, global weirding, and severe weather
Being that money is something that we are all looking to make, I thought that I should also mention Steady Options, your solution to trading calendar spreads. What is a calendar spread? It is a strategy whereby people buy longer term options and sell equal number of shorter term options of the same underlying stock or index with the same strike price. They can be done with calls or with puts, which are virtually equivalent if using same strikes and expirations. They make money through time decay, and through an increase in implied volatility in the long term, or a decrease in implied volatility in the short term. It generally involves trading stocks using a calendar spread, and with the right company, people can make good money.
While trying to save money by using solar energy, it would also be good to make some extra money through other means such as through calendar spreads. Steady Options can help you understand calendar spreads better.